John Linklater in partnership with Julius Dods formed the law firm “Dods & Linklaters “ in London in 1838. The firm in 1920 joined with Paine, Blyth & Huxtable to form Linklaters & Paines.
In the year 1962, Linklater and Paines, extended their services across the world, starting from Milan (1962), New York (1972), Brussels (1973), Paris (1973), Hong Kong (1976), Tokyo (1987), Singapore (1992), Frankfurt (1992), Moscow (1992), Sao Paulo (1997), Bangkok (1998), Shanghai (1998) and Madrid (1999).
In the year 1998, Linklaters & Paines created Linklaters & Alliance with other four major European law firms. Very soon, by the year 2002, they joined with De Bandt, van Hecke, Lagae & Loesch (Belgium and Luxembourg), Lagerlöf & Leman (Sweden) and Oppenhoff & Rädler (Germany) and renamed the firm to Linklaters.
They continued extending their services to other parts of the world which include: Beijing (2002), Lisbon (2002), Dubai (2006), Düsseldorf (2007) and Abu Dhabi (2011). In the year 2012, Linklaters joined with Allens of Australia for mutual benefits.
To be the leading global law firm, building relationships that endure through business cycles to ensure that top companies and financial institutions instinctively turn to us for support on their most important and challenging assignments.
Strive for excellence, value teamwork and encourage imagination.
Determined – whatever the challenge, deliver.
Exercising commercial judgement and integrity.
With 460 partners and 4,500 people across 29 offices, Linklaters develop their culture and leadership with following principles:
- One direction
- Initiative and innovation
- Sustaining our culture
Employment & Incentives
Environment & Climate Change
Financial Regulation Group
Global U.S. Law
Information Management and Data Protection
International Governance and Development
Litigation & Arbitration
Public & Administrative Law
Restructuring & Insolvency
Technology, Procurement and Outsourcing
Trusts, Private Client and Charities
- Senior Partner
- Firmwide Managing Partner
Strongest Areas of Business
Energy & Utilities
Food & Beverages
Infrastructure & Transport
Private Equity & Sovereign Wealth Funds
Real Estate & Leisure
Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT)
Linklaters have offices in 17 cities of Europe, 7 cities of Asia, 3 of Americas and 2 Middle East. Following are their details:
- Frankfurt am Main
- Hong Kong
- New York
- Washington D.C
- São Paulo
- Abu Dhabi
Following are recent top 10 seminars.
- Mediation – Luxembourg, 11/12/2013
- Breaking up is hard to do: managing senior executive exits – United Kingdom, 11/12/2013
- They did it too… Secondary liability for directors, senior managers and parent companies – United Kingdom, 10/12/2013
- PensionsInvest: Winter breakfast briefing – United Kingdom, 03/12/2013
- Optimisation of capital structure – Netherlands, 28/11/2013
- Pensions seminar: Scheme Funding: new developments and solutions – United Kingdom, 28/11/2013
- Private M&A – US and UK practice compared – United Kingdom, 21/11/2013
- What derivatives practitioners need to know about the New Companies Ordinance – Hong Kong, 20/11/2013
- It’s good to tweet? Dealing with social media – United Kingdom, 19/11/2013
- Joint ventures: class tests, deadlock, exit and other tricky issues – United Kingdom, 13/11/2013
- Financial Times and Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2013
- Chambers Europe Awards 2013
- British Legal Awards 2013
- FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2013
- Real Deals Private Equity Awards 2013
- Euromoney LMG Europe Women in Business Law Awards 2013
- Real Deals Private Equity Awards 2013
- The Lawyer Awards 2013
- Asia Legal Business (ALB) South East Asia Awards
- Best Laywers 2013
Following are Linklaters’ top 15 recent publications.
- Activism Rising
- Life changing: The outlook for life insurance in Europe
- Generation Next: Five pathways to TMT growth in emerging markets
- The Linklaters Emerging Opportunity Index
- China’s growth on the world stage
- Negotiating Europe’s LBO debt mountain
- Eurozone special report
- Encouraging Sustainable Innovation in Health
- Allens Insights
- Asia news
- Employment & Incentives – ShareKnowledge
- GCC update
- Financial Crime Update
- Insurance update
- Intellectual property news
With four roles called Trusted Advisor, Valued Colleague, Engaged Professional and Good Neighbour, Linklaters created their Corporate Responsibility to understand their business responsibility.
1 Silk Street
London EC2Y 8HQ
Phone: +44 20 7456 2000